Monday, August 23, 2010

small victories

Hey World,

So I wanted to tell you something I'm excited about...Today I paid a gas bill over the phone...IN HEBREW. I know it's not a big deal, this is why I titled the entry "small victories," but it was exciting for me to realize my Hebrew is good enough to get through the automated voice prompts in Hebrew. It did take me a while because I couldn't figure out what this one phrase meant, but an Israeli friend told me it meant expiration date.

I was nervous about calling and I thought I would have to talk to someone, but I forced myself because that is the only way I'm going to improve my Hebrew. So yay. I have definitely been feeling more confident with speaking Hebrew which is something I struggle with, so it's awesome that it feels like it's clicking more and more. Word.

That's about it. Oh I also had a real phone convo in Hebrew today, so yay 2 for 2.

I feel like I should put something cool or funny up here to make up for the boring blog entry...hmmm. I'll get back to you

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment