Wednesday, September 15, 2010

swiffers are sweeping the nation (literally)

Hey world!

See my witty title? Yeah so swiffer products have finally come to Israel in the past few weeks, so everyone (well mainly the Americans here who like swiffers) are pretty excited. It's funny the things that you miss when you are away from home/out of the country.

Anyways not much exciting has been going on recently. I think it is because things are starting to become routine. I am getting used to my classes and life here. So I don't really have much to say right now, lame.

So funny story, kinda, but last night I was over at a friend's house who is in rab school with me. So we used to do nfty together in high school, and at one point I was writing a service for an event (aka being a P.C for those of you who know the nfty ne terminology), and my friend, Liz, was helping me because she was on regional board (rcvp). So thankfully Liz keeps everything and last night we found both my service AND my d'var torah (speech thing) from this event from my JUNIOR year of HS haha.

It was funny to have a little glimpse back at me as a high schooler, not that it's been such a long time, but on the other hand I do feel like I have grown and changed quite a bit since high school. My d'var was kind of awkward, but actually not too bad. The weird coincidence that came out of this is that for school I also have to write a d'var torah and it turns out I signed up (totally by accident) for the SAME portion. Crazy. I was thinking it could be cool to work in part of my old d'var into my new one, but I think that would probably be too self indulgent...

Anyways, I will try and do something interesting/crazy soon to talk about it. Well Yom kippur is coming up so I'm excited to experience that in Israel, and especially in Jerusalem. I've heard it is quite the day here.

Happy hump day!

Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment