Monday, September 20, 2010

stats?

Hey World,

So for those of you who use blogger to blog, you probably know this already, but recently this blogging service added a "stats" section. This nifty little section fascinates me. You can see how many people visit your blog each day, month, etc. You can also see where the people who read your blog are from and even what site leads them to your blog (google, facebook, etc.).

I've gotten really into looking at the stats. One of my favorite parts is it will tell you what words people searched on google to find your blog. Today someone found my blog because they searched for "best part of becoming a rabbi." I feel kind of bad because the answer to that question is not in my blog, and I would answer it for this person, but I don't know because I'm not a rabbi yet. I wonder why that person was searching for the answer to that question...is s/he thinking about becoming a rabbi or maybe s/he is a rabbi and trying to get reinspired. Who knows.

Also I don't know how people from other countries find me...shout out to the netherlands, I've had a few of you pop by my blog...

On a totally different subject, I just want to talk about the cats here in Jerusalem. I think I have mentioned them before, but yeah there are stray/wild cats all over the place here. I really like cats a lot, and someday when I stop moving around all the time and find a more permanent place I definitely hope to have a cat or two (not in the cat lady sense though). Anyway, I know that the cats here are dirty and not so domesticated, but that doesn't mean that every time I see them I don't want to pet them. I've been holding out for a really long time, but it's been almost 3 months and my self control is slowly wearing down.

I have started talking to the cats more, you know in that idiot voice that people use to talk to cats, and have def been embarrassed when I realized other people were around. I gave in a pet a cat the other day, and it was great, but it only made me want to take it home with me. (don't worry I washed my hands after). Also there have been a bunch of kittens around lately and GAH they make me act like an idiot.

Ok that's my confession. The end...

Becca

1 comment: